Today we had the department breakfast as usual. The department head, Paul, was sick so we just socialized. I worked hard throughout the morning, continuing on the stair tower.
A funny occurrence repeated itself today, which honestly happens almost everyday. You see, at least once a day I'll ask Jakob and Morteza some random question. Many times I ask, ``How do you say ____ in Danish?`` or I'll ask them ``What they do on a certain holiday?`` or maybe just review the differences in construction-design in U.S. vs Denmark.
Well, today we got on the topic of geography and the weather. This lead into a discussion of the sea names around Denmark and being reminded that Greenland is actually a part of Denmark. This lead to a debate of where is (or more accurately who ``owns´´) the North Pole, right as another person walked by. I must say we got an interesting look, as they thought we didn't know generally where the North Pole is located. Anyway, that was just a funny moment in my day I thought I'd share.
No comments:
Post a Comment