background

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3-4-08 Wacky Weather

Today was along the same lines as yesterday. This morning there was some ice on the ground. It's a good thing they salt all the sidewalks and bike paths at the slightest probability of ice accumulation. Of course they have to since people walk and ride their bikes for miles everyday back and forth to work, no matter what the weather.

Today it started out just cold (-5 C) with snow/rain through mid-morning. In the afternoon it cleared off but remained cool. In the evening we had about the biggest snow storm we've had here since we arrived (1-2 inches).

Having satisfactorily finished the replacement cost estimate on the school, today I started on the meticulous task of estimating what the actual damages are. I have my memory, about 300 pictures, and a little intuition to go off of. I should be able to get it finished up in the next couple days. I'm also taking copies of all the drawings we have and marking where the damages are, and to what severity.

No comments: