background

Friday, April 11, 2008

4-11-08 Measure up

Today I didn't go into the office for work. Instead another guy from the renovation group picked me up at our apartment early in the morning. We went to a very large warehouse a few miles from the apartment that has been subdivided a few different times during it's life. Our job today was a somewhat tedious task. We were to take the original floor plan and mark and dimension where all the walls, windows, and doors are now located. It sounds like an easy job, but it takes a long time when you have to measure how far every opening is from a fixed point like a column. The warehouse itself was a least as big as any Wal-mart Supercenter, so it isn't a very quick task. We worked there the entire day, taking lunch in their canteen. I must say that I'm very thankful for the canteen we have at Leif Hansen as this one didn't even come close to the quality and selection I've become accustomed to everyday.



I kept thinking throughout the day that Amber and I would be on a cruise ship tonight on our way to Oslo. I certainly can't say that has ever been an option I thought about on a Friday afternoon in KC.

No comments: