background

Saturday, January 31, 2009

A BEAUTIFUL Day in January!

Today was good for my soul. It really was. :) We reached 70 degrees!!!! Well, first we got to sleep in, and then we reached 70 degrees!!!! It was fabulous. Joseph and I weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves. We knew it was going to be nice, but we hadn't officially made daytime plans.

We thought about going hunting (and yes I was really going to go), but decided that it might be too warm for that and driving an hour each way might not be the best way to enjoy the day. So instead we decided to go explore the local lake! Wyandotte County Lake is just like 10 minutes away from our house and we've been up there once but just for a very short amount of time. It was high time that we really give it a go.

We fell in love with it almost instantly! It was so nice and just imagining what it might be like when there are leaves on the trees was even better. I basically want to move to the park!

Naturally, we took a lot of photos. I just have to say that it was a really fun and happy outing. We laughed and talked and walked and did some basic obedience training with the girls and planned future parties we might like to throw. More to come on that...



No coats or jackets necessary! We walked by the lake, enjoying the view and learning more about the behaviors of geese. And ducks, I guess.




There was a TON of geese. They are really noisy!



Hunting pose.



We were very brave and walked out on the ice for a family photo! No doubt about it, it was solid for sure.



Watching those silly geese still...



There was a good portion of the lake that wasn't frozen. Matty and Kota were thirsty and eager to have just such an opportunity to cool off. I really thought they'd get their feet in the water and decide it was way too cold, but they surprised me. They loved it and swam around until we called them out! Well, Matty swam. Kota mostly just stood on this rock! It was hilarious, though, because at one point Kota decided she really wanted to try out this whole swimming thing. It is making me laugh so hard right now just thinking about it!! She seemed kinda anxious about the whole thing, but saw how much Matty loved it and so she decided to jump into the water from the rock she's standing on! She splashed in and went under water and then immediately splashed her way back to dry ground. I know it's probably not quite so funny to you guys, but my checks hurt from laughing so hard. :)




Matty's checking things out...



Hmmm...what do we have here? Probably some more geese crap.


Okay, I started getting a little camera happy at this point, but it turns out the girls were having some funny face moments and I'll try to keep it to a minimum, but we think they're funny!



She's so cute! It looks like her lip is caught on her teeth. :)



Sisters!



Kota was coming to me and Matty is sitting with Daddy in the background.



And for the switcharoo...


A miss-aim, but it's still funny to me!



Okay, so I mentioned that we found a place that we want to have a cookout or a party or something really fun. This is shelter #7. I LOVE IT. If it had walls, I'd live there. Maybe.



There are a lot of tables under the roof and a rounded out balcony-type thing over looking the lake on the opposite end of the shelter.



See the chimney? There's a huge grate on the out-side there for grilling. I basically love it...in case I haven't already said that.

Such a nice day. I'm feeling very rejuvenated. I can make it until spring now.

2 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

Boy, if I would read this more often, I would have to ask a lot fewer questions at work! Love reading your updates! :)

kandace said...

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL day! We hope to get some of that weather this way very soon! The pups are looking great, as are you and Joseph!