background

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Mark's 5th birthday!

This morning we celebrated our good friend Mark Wilson's birthday! He turned 5, and we just love the little guy! The party was at a cool park outside of Gardner. Just the girls and I went because Daddy had to work on one of the rental houses. (Rental houses...a topic for an epic digression, but I'll try to save that for another time.) Daddy really wanted to go to the part with us and play and celebrate. He works so hard to provide so well for us. We are so grateful for all he does to take care of us and lead us. He is such a wonderful man. I love him so much.


 
I felt so proud of my girls. Both of them were a little intimidated by this crazy maze of ropes. Still they were drawn to it and after climbing around on it for a while they both grew in confidence and ability. So cool to watch them do that in such a short period of time. 


It was really bright and hot outside. Whew...like a 100 degrees with high humidity. Summer popped up and punched us that day. Thankfully there was a steady, strong breeze and shade to help keep us mostly comfortable. We were back and forth between the shelter and playground to play it smart. 

 

Lydia was so excited to learn how to spin herself all by herself on this thing! Love to see their brains making cool connections. The light on the face brightens...you can see it happen!

 

She's so big and still so little all at the same time. My baby girl, Lydia. 

 

Lucy hopped on this and figured it out right away! This girl came to play hard! 
 

Lucy called this the "bumpy slide" because she really did bounce down it! It was a pretty big slide. Neat park.

 

Lydia about to go down the bumpy slide.  


 
Watching on as the birthday boy opened his presents!


 
We love the Wilsons. We're so thankful for the Wilsons. Dear friends. 



This doll baby was so charming, like usual! I rolled her around the playground in the stroller to keep her in shaded from the sun. She was happy and sweet as can be!

 

That is such a sweet, precious smile on  my first baby girl. She was excited to give this thing a whirl. She asked me to help her spin slowly, so I did. I was a few steps away from Lola when I helped her start to move on this. Lola threw her toy on the ground. Lucy partly wanted to do it on her own, and she was doing fine, so I stepped away to pick up the toy. The thing started to spin faster than was comfortable for Lucy. She started to panic. I got her off, but she was just worn out from being in the sun and heat and missing Daddy. She broke down and cried. Birthday boy Mark saw her crying and came to share a green balloon with her to help cheer her up!! What a guy, that Mark!! That was so sweet and helpful! And it worked! He turned her frown upside down. Thanks, little guy. And happy 5th birthday!

No comments: