This year for the 4th of July we started the family gathering first thing in the morning! We drove over to Lawrence, which Joseph calls "enemy territory" :), to meet up with Dad, Sandy, Regina, Jewelyn, who came to town to introduce us to her boyfriend Kevin! He's a "republican psychologist who previously hunted and annually fishes". As Joseph put it, " finally, someone to talk some sense into Jewelyn!" My Hubs!
Before we headed out the door, we took about 50 photos of our girls. 50 photos in less than one minute. I think this is the best one of the 50. It's a keeper!!
We met up on Mass Street and walked around. Jewelyn wanted to show Kevin some of Lawrence. We enjoyed browsing some stores and the girls enjoyed this little carrossel ride. Thanks, Grandad, for the quarters!
Jewelyn is still a vegetarian, but Kevin is not!! Y'all this food was YUMMMM!! Come to find out their KC location was featured on .... something, though now I can't remember what. It was very delicious. And look at my baby there!!! What a doll baby!!
Well, I forgot the swimsuits. Good thing Karrington and Lisa have leotards to share! They worked well! This was very cute!! The girls took turns counting to three and then running and jumping into the little pool. Lucy and Lisa just flew right on in there. Lydia ran full force toward the pool and then slammed on the brakes right by the side of the pool, pause...pause....and then jump!! Only she would land on the side of the pool and not actually in the pool! Super cute!
I've been disappointed to notice that I don't get as many photos of just my Handsome and me since we've entered parenthood. But I did get this one and it's special to me. I love him.
So, there are Jewelyn and Kevin! I like this photo. It was quite pleasant to meet him and we look forward to getting to know him better in the gatherings to come!
ADORABLE!! This kid! That's a DQ Dilly Bar face. It was a good, gluten free (go Lisa!!), treat while we waited ever so very patiently for the fireworks to begin.
Our Thomas Girls!
Nini/Aunt Regina, Karrington and Lola June Baby!!!
Still waiting for the fireworks to begin!
I know these nighttime photos are not great. Poor lighting and camera quality...we hope to soon get a real camera to use in lieu of only our cell phone cameras.
So, we watched the fireworks at the Ottawa power plant, where Uncle Brian works, and was actually working that evening.
Karrington and Lucy
Mommy and Lola June Baby!! Happy Independence Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment