Soon I'll be adding photos of the progressively developing baby's room!! Until then...
background
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Just a little more garden...
I don't want to bore yall to death, but I do just want to add a couple photos from the garden.
Soon I'll be adding photos of the progressively developing baby's room!! Until then...
We added the fence around the garden to keep the dogs out. They could totally jump it if they really wanted to, but they haven't bothered with it at all, and we're really happy!
The dahlia's moved to their new homes. They look pretty sad here, but we are certain they are just in shock. Whether or not they snap back from the shock is the question...
Our gigantic squash plant is producing some decent-size squash! We haven't eaten any yet, but plan to soon! The cucumber plants are doing great too. We've taken off four big cucumbers already!
Some of the gladiolas moved inside; the others are still outside and have yet to bloom. I wanted to leave them outside, but the weight of the blooms made the whole thing start to fall over. Now they are at home on the dining table! I didn't know anything about gladiolas before, and I still probably know next to nothing about them, but I think they must be one of the most lovely flowers.
Soon I'll be adding photos of the progressively developing baby's room!! Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just found your blog (after you mentioned on Facebook that you were addicted)! I like that you blog about your garden - I do a lot, too.
We have gladiolas, too - they are blooming like crazy right now! One thing I do know about them is you have to dig them up in the winter - they are a tropical plant and won't winter over (sometimes they do if they're in a sheltered area). We dig ours after it freezes hard and store them in a paper bag on the back porch during the winter. (You also have to dig up dahlias and cannas.)
Anyways, that's my two cents. I'm looking forward to hearing about your sonogram!
Post a Comment