background

Monday, October 5, 2009

Franklin-Thomas Vacation #2

Two years in a row the Franklins and Thomases have taken a vacay together and both years we've visited at least one foreign country. We're on a roll! Next year could be a little trickier because Katherine and I are both in new jobs now (YAY!!! and Congrats!!) and we'll have our little one! We still plan to get out there somewhere, sometime though!


Joseph and Tim were roomies in Acacia. They're great buddies!



We flew in Thursday evening and stayed until early Monday morning. No, we did not watch all of these movies, but we did watch the top one! We watched one certain part 4 times! I laughed until my face hurt!



We're gamers. All 4 of us. First game: Parcheesie. Did I spell that correctly?!

Katherine and me. We visited Chefs, a super tastey Italian restaurant and Buffalo staple.



The napkins are bibs...

and yes, we all wore them!


Saturday morning we slept in. Kat and I woke up to the enticing smell of waffles, eggs and bacon. It was delicious and thoughtful, Gentlemen! Thank you. After breakfast we all got around and took off to see Niagara Falls! All of you probably know you can view the Falls from both New York and Canada. We went to the Canadian-side, hence the foreign country visit. This was my first time to both the Falls and to Canada!


The mist told us we were getting close!

The sign did too.

It seems like I get camera happy on trips. I think I've been too busy lately to take more photos, and CERTAINLY too busy to blog, but I really enjoy just having fun and documenting the events with photography.


What do you know?! A black squirell!


Handsome and me


You can kinda see that it was nearly noon when we crossed over the bridge to the Falls! I have a closer photo of the clock to really tell the time, but this one shows the tower.



Our fabulous hosts, tour guides. Best of all, they're our friends!


And there are the falls!




It was cloudy and slightly cool, but comfortable. The sun peaked out here and there and really made for a great day out and about! It was really nice.

At first it might seem like it'd be pretty great to be down there on that boat, but...

hmmm, I'm not so sure. One thing is for sure, though, Mist is a good name for that vessel.




Joseph said that was just a rock with birds on it. I think it's WAY more fun to think it's a glacier with penquins. What do you think?



That's the NY side.


This is in the city on the Canadian-side. I don' t know what the name for this town, but we can just call it Party Town.


The colors weren't much changed, but they had started to brighten! I LOVE the colors of fall.


Whenever I see something with "Victoria" on it I take a photo. It's my sister's name!




After our time at the Falls we ate a little bit of lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. Then we drove out into the country to visit some wineries. Don't worry, folks, I only enjoyed SNIFFING the wine. :) The gift of smell is truly a wonderful, wonderful thing.


It was a really fun day out and in Canada!

Sunday we enjoyed another thoughtful breakfast and Church. We watched football and played games the rest of the day! It was a very relaxing and enjoyable trip. It felt like forever since we'd visited the Franklins, so we'll just hope it won't be so long between our fun times again. Thanks again, Tim & Kat, for opening your home to us! We loved our time with you and wish we could do it again right now!

Enjoy your new job, Katherine! We're so excited for you!

1 comment:

kandace said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time!!! Always nice to go on a vacation!